PLUS1 is proud to have partnered with Rainbow Kitten Surprise since 2019. Over the past four years, Rainbow Kitten Surprise and PLUS1 have raised $194,890.67 USD and $874.98 CAD for 45 high-impact nonprofit organizations. This has included providing well over 200,000 meals to those in need. The below report summarizes all funds raised via Rainbow Kitten Surprise x PLUS1 from 2019 to 2022.
About the Grantees
Appalachian OUTreach works to empower, connect, and support the East Tennessee lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual, ally, pansexual, polyamorous, and two-spirit people through the provision of affirming and safe, inclusive and welcoming programs, services and partnerships, which
promote community building, resource development, and education for all.
Equality North Carolina builds LGBTQ+ power through advocacy, education, and uplifting the stories of
queer and trans North Carolinians in pursuit of racial and social justice.
Louisville Pride Foundation
The Louisville Pride Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that celebrates the LGBTQ+
community and advances equity and representation for all people. Their vision is that Louisville is a safe and affirming community where every person is empowered to thrive as their true, whole self.
PLUS1 LGBTQ+ Equality Fund
PLUS1's LGBTQ+ Equality Fund supports grassroots organizations defending and advancing equal rights
for members of the LGBTQ+ community, as well as those providing inclusive care and community.
Project 10 works to promote the personal, social, sexual and mental well being of lesbian, gay, bisexual,
transgender, transsexual, two-spirit, intersex and questioning (2LGBTQ+) youth and adults 14-25.
Southerners On New Ground (SONG)
SONG is a home for LGBTQ liberation across all lines of race, class, abilities, age, culture, gender, and
sexuality in the South. SONG builds, sustains, and connects a southern regional base of LGBTQ people in
order to transform the region through strategic projects and campaigns developed in response to the
conditions in communities.
Tennessee Equality Project
The Tennessee Equality Project advocates for the equal rights of LGBTQ people in Tennessee. through legislative advocacy. When there is an important federal issue, like bills that include anti-LGBTQ adoption
language, they help make voices heard with federal officials.
Trans Justice Funding Project
The Trans Justice Funding Project moves money to trans-lad grassroots groups and projects with trust and no strings attached. They center trans justice in the US and US territories and honor and amplify the ways communities organize, create and shift culture, commit their love and care, and fight for trans liberation.
Local Food Banks
All of the food banks below work to fight hunger and food insecurity in their respective communities. When possible, we have included the number of meals provided by the food bank via the donation from our partnership.
- Atlanta Community Food Bank
- Be Concerned People's Pantry
- Blue Ridge Area Food Bank
- Capital Area Food Bank
- Central Pennsylvania Food Bank
- Community Food Bank of Central Alabama (20,000+ meals)
- Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin
- Feeding Northeast Florida
- Feeding San Diego
- Feeding the Gulf Coast
- Food Bank for the Heartland
- Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina
- Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma - Food Bank of Iowa
- Food Bank of Southeastern Virginia
- Food Bank of the Rockies (66,000 meals)
- Foodbank of Santa Barbara County
- Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Grundy County Food Bank
- Harvest Hope
- Harvesters - The Community Food Network
- Lowcountry Food Bank
- MANNA Food Bank (14,464 meals)
- Mid-South Food Bank
- New Braunfels Food Bank (32,000 meals)
- Northwest Arkansas Food Bank
- Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma
- Second Harvest Food Bank of East Tennessee
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Greater New Orleans and Acadiana
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee (6,463 meals)
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Southern Wisconsin
- Second Harvest Heartland Food Bank - St. Louis Area Foodbank
- St. Mary's Food Bank
- The New Braunfels Food Bank
- Three Square Food Bank